Essential Must Haves (for the ladies)

So, a few weeks back I was helping my friend with her back to school shopping. I made her a list of essential things she needed. They may be pricy but you'll be wearing them for years to come - especially if they're good quality.

The List
  • Nude Bra - My personal favourite is Victoria's Secret Body Push-up. But it also comes with no push and different coverages.
  • Waterproof/resistant boots - Could be riding or not. For winter I enjoy riding because of the snow, but during fall I have "military" style booties. I have two personal favourite brands; Timberland and Kodiak . They're both pricy, but will last you years to come and they're also very stylish.
  • Clarifying Shampoo - Why? Clarifying shampoos are great for getting rid of product built up in your hair. How can you tell you have product built up in your hair? I've made a post about it here. I have blonde hair, and clarifying shampoos tend to strip colour of out your hair. So I buy a specific one for colour treated hair/blonde hair (that will not make your blonde brassy!). It is the Kenra Clarifying Shampoo .
  • V-Neck t-shirt or long sleeve shirt - In white, black or navy. I personally like white v-necks because they go with everything. They're the easiest piece to dress up or dress down and still look pretty. I like to pair my white v-neck with a blazer of any colour and dark jeans. Sometimes I tuck my shirt in and wear it with a patterned thin belt (like leopard or flower print). I love v-necks from Abercrombie and Fitch. They always go on sale and they'll last you years and still look brand new (versus buying a $7 one at Forever21 that will be going in the garbage after a few months)
  • Blazer - This is my staple piece. I have them in a bunch of different colours. Always buy a black one, though. Boyfriends and cropped are both great. Places I like to buy my blazers at are: LC Lauren Conrad line at Kohl's, Urban Outfitters, Forever21 and H&M.
  • Butt Jeans - Yes! Jeans that make your butt look great. Don't just settle for trendy jeans that make your butt look squished together, or like two fried eggs. I have always been either an American Eagle Outfitters or H&M jeans girl, but then one day I heard celebrities talking about J Brand jeans. I have never gone back to any other brand. They're very pricy but they're great for girls who have big butts or are more curvy at the bottom. I also really enjoyed the Curve ID experience at Levi's and I encourage every woman out there to get their Curve ID. It only works for Levi's but I really like their jeans too! Also read my blog post on how to stop your jeans from bleeding here.
  • Black Heels - You can find cheap ones that work too. But every woman needs a black pair of pumps. Not sky-high. Well, they can be sky-high but you need a very good platform to go with it. I really hate when people design shoes badly, where their platform make your feet tip forward. Not good. You will not enjoy your night out!
    Next time you're looking for black pumps, put both shoes on and see if they seem to push your feet forward (even just standing). Then walk in them for a bit and see if you're walking on your toes or on your heels (the back of your foot). You need one where you are walking on your heels. I also recommend not buying suede black heels - when it rains you'll be in trouble!
    I really like heels by Guess, Forever 21 and Jessica Simpson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment