Can I Wear Matte/Drying Lipstick and Still Having Hydrated Lips?

Gotta love pigmented, long lasting lipstick!

Especially during the fall or winter. But it does take a toll on your lips in terms of hydration. I have dry skin so my lips always need to stay moisturized. I'm in a dry climate, so that does not help either.
But I do these tricks and it helps alot!

Moisturize your lip for about two days (morning and night). I really love Maybelline's Baby Lips in Quenched. It does the trick and it's cheap. But if you're not into it, I also found Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment in Clear is amazing. And it has SPF 15.

The morning of, put more hydrating lip balm on and let it sink in. What I do is, I wake up do my morning facial routine, and put it on. Then I go and eat breakfast and start my makeup. By the time I'm done my lips are ready for lipstick. If you notice it still hasn't really sunk in (still sitting on your lips) then wipe off a bit of it so your matte lipstick doesn't look "shiny".

At the end of the day when you take off your lipstick, grab a bit of sugar (white) with your finger tips and place it on your palm. Put a bit of water on it and make it into a "paste". Use that to scrub your lips - twice. In circular motions. Then hydrate with lip balm right away.


0 comments:

Post a Comment