Save Damaged Hair At Home! (Mayonnaise+Egg Mask)


I usually come over to my friend's place and do her hair, give her a trim, do nails etc. Recently, she dyed her hair black and it became really dehydrated and damaged. I found this mask a couple of years ago when I was a bleach blonde. It saved my hair for years!
My friend didn't believe me about this and thought the mask was nasty or would stay in her hair. But after I styled her hair, she loved how soft and full it was. (Not to mention shiny!!)

The Mask

1.5 tablespoon of Mayonnaise (full)
1 egg (or if you have bleach blonde/gray or just blonde hair, do egg white ONLY)**
1 full teaspoon of olive oil OR get the Olive Oil Mayonnaise and skip the extra olive oil

Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl or plastic container. Wash your hair (no shampoo or conditioner, just water) and with a spoon put the mask on your wet/damp hair. Let the mask sit for 30 minutes. Then wash it off with shampoo and then condition (leave your conditioner on for about 2-3 minutes. or if you have a leave in mask, you can do that too!).

** Why Only The Egg White?
When I had bleach blonde hair, any sort of pigment would stick to my hair and make it brassy or pee yellow. So I only did the egg white because it's clear and the mayo had no pigment to it. So no staining!

0 comments:

Post a Comment