Curly, Bouncy, Non-Frizzy Hair!

I actually have naturally curly, dry hair! I don't use it curly anymore because I live in a very windy city and it's just not worth it to me nowadays. But it is possible to have beautiful, manageable curly hair!

The biggest issue with curly hair is that it needs more moisture than other hair types. So, I focus a lot on that and styling products are not as big of a "thing". They help, but if the hair strand is dry no curl is going to be pretty and bouncy.

Products:

Fructis curly hair products!  $  Styling

For thin hair I recommend the cream gel or the spray. For thicker hair I recommend the cream (I'm not a fan of mousse for curly hair because it tends to dry it out...at least for me anyway).




Kerastase products!  $$  Mask

Kerastase has great hair masks for every need. When my hair was going through a very rough, dry phase I used their Chroma mask (for dyed hair) but they have others. You don't have to wash this one out even though it says so, but again if your hair is in rough shape > don't wash out.




Aussie products!  $  Mask

I love Aussie products for dry hair. 3 Minute Miracle is one of my faves! It does have a sweet, coconut-y smell to it so beware of bees! Wash this one out and use a styling product after.




Neutrogena products!  $  Mask

I used the Triple Moisture Hair Mask for years. It is amazing, I recommended it to so many of my friends. Wash this one out and use a styling product.




How To:

Wash your hair as usual. Do a mask and use a styling product (gel, cream) to form your curls. If you kept the mask on, don't use a styling product. Comb your hair after applying the styling product/mask so that your hair doesn't get hard and the product spreads.

Part your hair like you're going to blow dry it. Separate it into sections and clip the rest. Then take sections of hair and curl it around your finger. Just curl in one smooth motion, don't stop and try to re-curl etc. Just keep going and hold it at the bottom (tug), then let it go. If you want a lot of tiny curls, curl smaller sections. If you want them a bit bigger and not so tight, curl medium sections. Don't try to curl them in big sections so it'll speed up the process - the curls will fall and open when they dry!
Do this on your whole head. Then take one side of your hair and scrunch it lightly upwards and let it fall (this will make it bouncy) , do the same for the other side.
Let it air dry completely.

Once it's dry, if you notice that some curls didn't curl as nicely as others you can take a curling iron and curl some pieces. This tends to happen with shorter hair than longer hair because longer hair has more weight.


Me at 17, when I used my natural hair often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment