Marc Jacobs Beauty at Sephora Review and Swatches

Yesterday I went to sephora with two friends and noticed that Marc Jacobs (my designer soulmate) had launched a makeup line for Sephora. I was so excited for it!
I swatched his eyeliners and a few shadows and lipsticks on my hand: 


I was really impressed with his eyeliners! They are smooth, pigmented and don't come off easily. I had to really rub in the makeup remover to get it off. They also don't smudge easily. The eyeshadows are also really pigmented and have a nice sheen to it. No primer necessary!

I swatched two lipsticks ; Happy Ending and Gossip. I also tried on Surrender Dorothy:

I wasn't too impressed with the lipstick. It took awhile to get the product on and had to layer a lot of lipstick on to get this colour (which to me isn't that impressive).
I have to say I was disappointed with the lipsticks! 

The nail polishes were nice but the tube design wasn't the greatest as the lids kept coming unscrewed. I don't have that much patience to keep screwing it on and then trying to open the bottle. 

Overall verdict: Really great eye stuff, great colouring all around as usual but not the best for lips and nails.

0 comments:

Post a Comment